We LOVE this recipe, it is a staple around our house! We use it on chicken breasts or thighs and bake or grill them. It pairs well with sweet potatoes and a veggie.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 4 cloves of garlic; minced (or substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds (approximately) chicken thighs (or preferred chicken meat)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix first 6 ingredients together in a large plastic zip-top storage bag. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken to plastic bag making sure to coat each piece.
- Place chicken in baking dish along with sauce/marinade or leave in large plastic bag to marinate in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, place chicken in 9×13″ baking dish and bake chicken for 20 minutes with the skin side up. Turn the chicken and cook another 15 minutes. Cook until internal temperature of chicken reads 165°F. (Chicken thighs may take longer, chicken breasts will cook faster.)
Recipe inspiration found at Tidy Mom.