I love Brussel Sprouts! I was forced to eat them as a child and hated them. I’m so glad that I have grown to like them, they are so good for you! I love them roasted in the oven, but typically pan saute them for the sake of time.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 pound chicken sausage, sliced into bite sized pieces (I love these apple and gouda cheese sausages from Costco.)
- 1 ½ lbs. brussels sprouts, shaved
- 1 -2 apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1/3 cup water
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- lemon slices for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium–high heat. Add garlic, and sausage. Cook, stirring, until sausage is heated through, browned and crispy, 6-8 minutes.
- Remove sausage from skillet, and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet along with remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until brussels sprouts are browned to your liking, 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add sausage back into skillet and stir.
- Remove from heat and squeeze with fresh lemon juice, tossing to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe inspiration found at Clean Food Crush.