I love seafood! I could eat shrimp every day. I keep it simple by buying frozen peeled and deveined shrimp. I’ve also discovered that peeling raw shrimp makes my fingers itch, weird! Thankfully, cooked shrimp doesn’t bother me! Try this one out for a quick evening dinner. I usually pair it with a quinoa brown rice mix and a veggie.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use Braggs Liquid Aminos)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger together in a medium bowl.
- Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag. Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, shake to coat, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for step 3.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Pour shrimp and marinade in the skillet. Cook shrimp on one side until pink– about 1 minute– then flip shrimp over. Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce.
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.