Confession: I HATE spinach! I know it’s good for you, but I just can’t. I was eating a lot of spinach salads for lunch when I got pregnant with my 2nd, and I had major food aversions. The one thing I still can’t do is spinach. In this recipe, I dice the spinach up to the tiniest little pieces. I’m like a little kid, if it’s hidden in the food, I’m good!
- 1.25 lb lean ground turkey (or extra lean ground beef)
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- whole grain buns (or lettuce wraps) for serving (optional)
- Precook the sweet potato until just tender, but not mushy (I microwaved mine on my handy baked potato setting) Scoop out potato and add put into large bowl.
- Combine the ground turkey, sweet potato, spinach, and seasonings and form into patties. (I can usually get 8 patties using my burger press.)
- Cook on the grill, pan, or griddle over medium high heat, for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the burgers are cooked through.
- To serve, place on a bun or lettuce wrap and top with your favorite toppings and condiments. Our favorite way to eat them is plain with mayo.
Recipe adapted from Dashing Dish.