• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 medium green bell pepper pepper, chopped
• 1 pound extra lean ground turkey venison
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
• 2 (15 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
1. Place oil in a large pot and place over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic and red pepper and saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Next add in ground turkey and break up the meat; cooking until no longer pink. Add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
2. Add in tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary.
3. Makes 10 servings
Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen.